Last week I wrote about the importance of setting up a Google Local listing for increasing traffic. I also promised you last week to give a bunch of tips so you can increase traffic right now! So I hope everyone who read’ve the first post has a Google Local account set up. Otherwise someone else can claim your business listing (and that would really be inconvenient!!)
Okay, so let’s begin with the top 10 tips and start increasing traffic!
Top 10 tips for optimizing your Google Local business listing.
1. Fill in as much business information as possible (address, contact information, description, etc)
2. Choose a category for your business listing (e.g. hotels)
3. Put your main keywords in the business title (e.g. hotel, meeting room). Don’t spam your keywords!!
4. Place your keywords in the business description (e.g. hotel, meeting room, city center, free parking, free WIFI, etc)
5. Name the city where the business is located in the business title and description (e.g. Amsterdam)
6. Repeat the keywords in the custom fields within the description (use longtail words)
7. Add photos to your business listing
8. Put a link to a video site such as Youtube
9. Use a local telephone number and AVOID a 0800 number
10. Offer a coupon to you visitors in Google Local
If you implement these 10 tips you will see a higher ranking within Google Local/Maps for your targeted keywords. And you’ll see the number of website visitors increase. Important to know is that with these 10 tips you won’t make it to the top. What you’ll need is a better understanding of optimizing your own website for local search and get incoming links from local portals. I will elaborate on that next week! So stay tuned! 🙂