Marketing your customers on the internet should be a planned process, using a well defined customer database and making use of a mix of methods and media to realize your predefined targets. Your marketing plan for your eBusiness consists of steps using online and offline tools and methods. In my opinion you roughly can use 10 steps to plan your eBusiness marketing and the steps related to this:
- Collect customer data. Do not hesitate asking your customers and environment for information. Sometimes it is a nice idea to give something back for giving this information.
- Make your customer pyramid. Define your customer.
- Analyze your customers based on customer characteristics and market penetration.
- Define customer targets.
- Define a product or services mix for marketing the target customers.
- Choose your sales methods and tools for your eBusiness
- Stay customer centered.
- Registrate the behavior of your customers
- Analyse the results and related data.
- Adapt your strategy.